YIELD 4–6 servings
ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- +-500g pasta (pasta-tagliatelle-500g)
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (garlic-bulb-whole-150g)
- 500g cherry tomatoes (cherry-tomato-250g)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil (fresh-herbs-basil-40g)
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino (for serving) (parmesan-200g - pecorino-100g-shredded-italian-style)
- If you are not using readymade pasta, Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12" skillet or wide heavy saucepan over medium-high. Add the garlic, then tomatoes, pepper, sugar, and 1 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes burst and release their juices to form a sauce, 6–8 minutes.
- Toss pasta with tomato sauce and basil. Top with Parmesan or Pecorino.